2020 NACCCA-AACC Research Grant
Call for Grant Applications
North American Chinese Clinical Chemists Association (NACCCA) and American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) are now accepting applications for the NACCCA-AACC Research Grant. This grant is for research in a variety of areas of the clinical laboratory science, including diagnostics and detection technologies, medical devices, and genomics/proteomics/metabolomics and emerging biomarkers.
Grant recipients must be a member of NACCCA and AACC. Funding of the grant is $5000. The awardee will be expected to submit a research progress report and present the research at an upcoming NACCCA Annual Banquet held at the AACC annual meeting.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Scientific merit including quality innovation and good experimental design;
- Translational potential of research findings to clinical practice;
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which NACCCA-AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
Preference will be given to young investigators.
Word limit: 2,500 words.
Research proposal should include the following section:
- Specific Aims
- Project description (by specific aim) including preliminary figures (if applicable).
- Projected timeline and budget
- Description of applicant qualifications (limit to one paragraph; written by applicant)
- References (not included in word limit).
- Completed applications must be submitted to email@example.com
- Attach the following documents:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant
- The application deadline is April 15th, 2020.
- The NACCCA Award Committee review all applications and select award recipients in May of each year.
- For more information or if you have questions related to the grant application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org